Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'M OFF TO NEW ORLEANS for the annual meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature.

I will be presenting a paper there on "Practical Challenges in Publishing the More Old Testament Pseudepigrapha Project." You can download the paper as a pdf file here.

Also, last month I gave a paper on "The More Old Testament Pseudepigrapha Project" at New College at the University of Edinburgh, which gives an up-to-date survey of the whole project. You can download it as a pdf file here and the handout that goes with it here.

Both are also available on the More Old Testment Pseudepigrapha Project website.

At SBL I am also on a panel of the Early Jewish and Christian Mysticism Group which is reviewing Christopher Rowland and Christopher R.A. Morray-Jones, The Mystery of God: Early Jewish Mysticism and the New Testament (noted earlier here), but I will be working from scrawled notes for that one and will not post anything here.

Look for me again late tonight or on Friday.